A diamond that is grown/created in a lab is just as real as a mined diamond. They have the same physical and chemical properties and are grown under the same temperature and pressure conditions, but without the conflict and questionable ethical practices that are common in some diamond mines.
- Lab grown diamonds display the same physical, chemical, and optical characteristics as natural diamonds, and exhibit the same fire, scintillation, and sparkle.
- A lab diamond can only be distinguished from natural diamonds using specialized equipment that can detect the minor differences in trace elements and crystal growth.
- Using a jewelry loupe, Lab Grown diamonds are nearly impossible to differentiate from natural diamonds.
- Lab created diamonds can exhibit different trace elements than natural diamonds, these differences do not affect the appearance of the diamond.
- Lab grown diamonds can be distinguished from natural diamonds only with tests using specialized equipment.
- Lab created diamonds available for purchase should always come with a gem certification identifying them as laboratory grown.
What Are The Benefits of Lab Grown Diamonds?
Lab grown diamonds are often of better quality than mined diamonds this is due to the highly controlled environment and fully monitored process.
Some of the biggest advantages of a lab grown diamond include:
- Brighter quality and higher purity
- Fewer defects
- Greater affordability
- Colors that are rarely found in nature can be created, making unique and coveted pieces more obtainable
- Traceable origin sources allow you to source diamonds from reputable places that don’t engage in poor treatment of workers or communities
- In choosing a lab-grown diamond, you invest in a high-quality stunning piece that is ethical and environmentally friendly.
Are Lab Grown Diamonds Certified And Graded?
All lab-grown diamonds are treated the same as mined diamonds. Lab diamonds are evaluated and graded by independent gemological labs that certify natural diamonds, using the same strict standards.
Lab grown diamonds, value for money.
Lab created diamonds offer excellent value, and are more affordable than natural diamonds of comparable size and quality.
Do lab diamonds test as real diamonds?
Lab created diamonds display the same physical, chemical, and optical characteristics as natural diamonds, along with the same fire, scintillation, and sparkle. Lab grown diamonds can be distinguished from natural diamonds if specialized equipment is used to test them. Lab created diamonds are nearly impossible to differentiate from natural diamonds with the naked eye.
Are lab grown diamonds flawless?
Lab created diamonds will vary in color, clarity, and cut, just like mined diamonds. Each one is unique.
Do lab created diamonds get cloudy?
Lab created diamonds have the same durability as mined diamonds and will not get cloudy over time.
Can you insure lab created diamonds?
Yes, just like a mined diamond, lab created diamonds can be insured.